Waco Auto Accident Attorney | Waco Car Wreck Lawyer | Waco Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Waco area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Waco, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Waco area.
When Should You Hire a Waco Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Waco, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Waco auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Waco auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Waco car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Waco Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Waco car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Waco area and in all areas of McLennan County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Waco, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Waco accident attorney.
Waco Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Waco you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Waco will try to successfully handle your Waco car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Waco bad faith insurance claim.
Waco Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Waco Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Waco area. Waco Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a driver of the car that hit you, was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Waco Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Waco Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Waco, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Waco fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Waco auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Waco car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Waco ambulance, you can later get information at:
Waco EMS or Waco Fire Department (WFD)
1016 Columbus Avenue, Waco, TX
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Waco, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Waco Police Department (WPD): (254) 750-7500
McLennan County Precinct 7: (254) 752-9397
McLennan County Sheriff: (254) 757-5000
Other reasons to retain a Waco, TX Auto Accident lawyer or McLennan County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Waco, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A McLennan County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Waco car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Waco will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
An Waco injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Waco car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below McLennan County Civil Courts or McLennan County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Waco trial courts include:
McLennan County 170th District Court
McLennan County 19th District Court
- If your Waco injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Waco tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Waco involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Waco Residents
Waco Area Medical Facilities
Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
Providence Health Services of Waco
Waco Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Waco Area Car Rental Services
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Waco and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Axtell, Bellmead, Beverly Hills, Cayote, Chilton, China Spring, Crawford, Elm Mott, Gholson, Golinda, Hallsburg, Hewitt, Lacy – Lakeview, Leroy, Lorena, Lott, Marlin, Mart, McClanahan, McGregor, Moody, Mooreville, Mt. Calm, Ocee, Oglesby, Perry, Prairie Hill, Riesel, Robinson, Ross, Speegleville, Travis, Valley Mills, Waco, West, Woodway and other communities in McLennan County.